Improve the quality of your rest by sleeping directly on a natural surface
Every synthetic mattress is required by law to contain fire retardant chemicals. Even a cotton futon. One solution to distance yourself from those chemicals is to use a mattress topper.
Studies have shown that your heart rate is lowered when you sleep on a natural surface, resulting in a deeper sleep.
Toppers are great for not only creating a natural sleeping surface, but for softening a bed.
We recommend our hand made wool-filled toppers because wool is the most breathable material for your body. We use Premium Eco-Wool? sourced from our sustainable wool program using west coast U.S.A. wool, and only organic cotton fabric. Handmade & tufted with love, we make 2 thicknesses:
The Deep Sleep Topper:
The perfect choice for adding a little more softness to your mattress, but not the full loft of The Ultimate Wool Topper.
The Ultimate Topper:
This best seller is for sleepers who like a deep plush pillow top. The Ultimate has 50% more wool than the regular Deep Sleep. Hop into the nest.
Crib Size: approximately 1″ thick and is recommended for infants over 3 months of age.
This Product Uses The Following Raw Materials:
Made with Premium Eco-Wool our famous blend sourced directly from about 20 family farms in Oregon & California, USA. It is the nicest wool we have ever seen- incredibly clean, dust free and virtually vegetable matter free.
Growers participate in our Sustainable Wool Program, managing their flocks in a humane, chemical-free, and environmentally thoughtful manner. The vast majority of our products are built with this wool.
This is our signature wool blend- it is the cleanest highest-quality wool available. Grown and produced with care, this wool batting is chemical-free from sheep to finish.
- Made of Premium Eco-Wool Batting
- Sourced from USA, West Coast
- Produced in accordance with our Sustainable Wool Program
- Read more about our Local-Eco Wool
Organic Cotton Sateen Fabric
Our organic cotton sateen has almost a liquid softness it. It’s lightweight (4.5 oz/sq yd), with an approx. 300 thread count.
In commitment to local sourcing, we are proud to announce we will begin to offer a USA grown and milled organic cotton sateen in 2015.
- Made of 100% certified organic cotton
- Grown and woven in India
- 4.5 oz. of organic cotton in each yard
- Milled in the USA
- Read more about Our Organic Cotton
We are committed to using only the highest quality natural materials, sourced as locally as possible.
We also believe in being transparent about our raw materials. See our certifications.
- Premium Eco-Wool batting
- Organic cotton fabric cover
- Dimensions & Wool Weights:
- Crib Size 28″ x 52″, 1.5 lbs, cotton elastic straps. approx. 1″ thick
- Deep Sleep, approx 1.5-2″ thick
- Twin 38″ x 75″, 5.6 lbs
- Twin XL 38″ x 80″, 6.0 lbs
- Full 54″ x 75″, 7.9 lbs
- Queen 60″ x 80″, 9.3 lbs
- King 76″ x 80″, 11.8 lbs
- CAL King 72″ x 84″, 11.8 lbs
- Ultimate, approx. 2.5-3″ thick
- Twin 38″ x 75″, 8.5 lbs
- Twin XL 38″ x 80″, 9.0 lbs
- Full 54″ x 75″, 11.9 lbs
- Queen 60? x 80?, 14 lbs
- King 76″ x 80″, 17.8 lbs
- CAL King 72″ x 84″, 17.8 lbs
How Do I Choose A Mattress Topper?
It will depend on the goal you have in mind for using a topper.
- When the goal of adding a topper to your bed is to create a natural sleeping surface, then all of our toppers will work for that purpose.
- When the goal is to create a breathable surface for your body, our wool toppers are more breathable than latex toppers.
- When the goal is to create more cushion (or softness to your bed) then you’ll need to determine just how much cushion you would like.
- For maximum cushion try our latex toppers, next try the Quilted Wool Ultimate,
- For slightly less cushion try the Quilted Wool Deep Sleep or the Happy Lamb Fleece.
- People who are in bed for a long periods of time or who have fibromyalgia greatly benefit from the Happy Lamb Fleece?s ability to relieve pressure points.
What is the thickness of the Mattress Toppers, Deep Sleep and Ultimate?
It’s very challenging to talk about a soft and squishy product in terms of inches. It’s much more accurate to compare products using their total wool weight (see Product Specs tab to compare product weights).
However, it can be helpful to know approximate heights for products.
Deep Sleep topper is approximately 1.5-2″ thick
Ultimate topper has a loft of about 2.5-3″ thick
- Toppers are too big to fit in most machines and are also not constructed with specific techniques that enable washing. Spot clean this item instead.
- To protect your topper we recommend our Moisture Barriers or Puddle Pads. This thick felted layer of barrier wool lays flat and is secured in place by the fitted sheet which goes over the top. An excellent natural way to protect your investment from the inevitable spills that happen in life!
- We recommend that you do not wash the Happy Lamb Fleece for the initial 6 months or so until all of the vertical wool layers have a chance to become uniform and slightly felt from the weight and heat of your body. After that uniformity is reached (you will know) and it will be safe to wash using our specific washing instructions provided with your product.
Quilted Wool Topper Reviews
We are both sleeping better, love the comforter, the pillows and the wooly topper? can’t believe we waited so long and we’re very happy with our purchase? so much so that we will be back for more.
Gig Harbor, WA
We bought a wool topper and it is wonderful! The wool topper made an immediate difference in our rest. We have a regular old mattress and even putting a couple of inches between us has made all the difference in the world.
I received my wool ultimate topper yesterday and it is GREAT! I absolutely love it. No more aching back and shoulder pains!! Having the topper vs. not having the topper is like night and day. I’m super pleased with it. Finally some rest at last!
My ultimate mattress topper is every bit as good as I hoped it would be. I’m very pleased. I went to your web site and it was the combination of the right product made by a company with the right philosophy to suit me on both levels.
“I bought a wool mattress top and pillow and I’ve slept well ever since. It’s been years since I had a full nights sleep and now I sleep every night, all night.”
This item is Incredible…I am a part of a massage team at Breitenbush Hot Springs and we use them for on top of our massage tables for that Extra Cush & to have a natural comfort between the clients and the surface of the table….I have bought organic wool pads before but with the polyester backing, now that I have had a chance to check out your 100% organic product I am completely in awe and could never go back!
Plus we are very happy that you are a Northwest company as well so we are supporting local as best as we can.Thank you for an Incredible Product….more orders to come!?
I have been very happy with all the things I have bought from you guys! My husband and I especially like the wool products you guys make there. We have a comforter, which has been great in all seasons, pillows, and a wool mattress topper- which has transformed our sleeping experience! My husband has had trouble sleeping in the past, but sleeps very well with our new arrangement!?